Starter Web Hosting
UNIX Web Hosting
NT Web Hosting
Reseller Web Hosting
How does WebServe VPS work?
Virtual servers are based on the concept of
partitions on mainframes that allow dozens of divisions to run multiple
applications on the same server with advanced resource scheduling. A
Virtual Server behaves exactly like an isolated stand-alone Dedicated
The technology we use allows for mainframe-like levels of resource utilization, monitoring and control on standard hardware. In addition to standard CPU, disk space and network I/O, it also enables complete memory (user, kernel and disk cache) and disk I/O management. VPSs are fully isolated with minimum and maximum resource guarantees.
VPS technology also enables us to move live
sites or hundreds of running applications to another physical server for
planned system maintenance or when hardware upgrades are required. This
can be done with only a few seconds of planned downtime, with huge gains
Designers & Resellers
Whether you are testing software, building a complex, database-driven application, or working on a bespoke development project, a VPS Root package is an ideal midway-point between shared hosting, with its inherent compromises, and dedicated hosting which may be too costly. WebServe Virtual Servers are highly practical for short-term, pre-launch projects as there is no minimum contract length. Post-launch, operations can move to a similarly structured dedicated solution, literally in minutes.
The online gaming revolution has arrived with the take-up of broadband, and now thousands of players regularly compete and team up online in games such as Half-Life and Counterstrike. Of course, to be able to host your own games, you need to run your own server, which is not only costly, but you are usually tied into an annual contract. VPS Root changes that - as you have root access to a virtual private server, you can use our HL/CS packages or install your own games and frag away to your heart's content!
- With the VPS Root package, you will be in complete control of your server partition and have full access to the configuration files for the system and app software. For VPS Plesk users you and customers have the ability to manage their domains, websites and tools extremely effectively.
- We know resellers of web hosting in particular are answerable to their customers, just as we are. A seamless, extremely stable hosting set-up means that you spend less time sorting out issues with them, and more time on developing your business, and acquiring new customers. WebServe's VPS solutions are built on TRUE VPS technology delivering carrier-grade levels of reliability and scalability that enable you to do just that.
- In a Virtual Private Server (VPS) environment, it is crucial that your data is tightly partitioned from others on the server. The proprietary VPS technology we use creates an impregnable wall of protection around your server resources, protecting you from the activities of other customers. We guarantee you will not even notice they're there! And as with all WebServe dedicated server products, you will benefit from the fully managed, proactive security procedures and systems we already have in place.
- WebServe's generous VPS hardware specs are chosen specifically to cope with this intensive use, and contention levels are maintained at strictly specified levels for all VPS products. The bottom line is, you have a Virtual Private Server that operates exactly as if it were a single dedicated server. Because the costs of hardware, network connectivity, system maintenance and managed services are distributed amongst those sharing the VPS hardware, VPS represents an affordable choice that still delivers the performance of a dedicated server.
- Choose or upgrade to the VPS that covers the number of domains you need to manage, or that which best corresponds to your bandwidth & contention level requirements. If you outgrow VPS the progression to a fully dedicated solution is straightforward.
Tools and Software
- In addition to the basic VPS
offering, WebServe customers also enjoy access to a wide range of
additional software that is installed as standard. This software
includes specific open source tools and applications that will help you
achieve what you need to, whether it's protecting your inbox from
harmful viruses and SPAM, adding Ecommerce functionality to your
website, or adding specific scripting support..
Other Hosting Services
- On top of your VPS account,
every WebServe customer has access to the other great hosting services
we supply, through your control panel interface. These services include
cost-effective Domain Name Registration and management, Domain
forwarding and DNS editing, a wide range of Shared Windows2003/Linux or
ColdFusion MX hosting, not to mention simple Email-only plans. All come
with WebServe's own proprietary web-building software (WebServe
SiteBuilder) Web-based Email administration and the option to add
website promotion tools or our own Online Store creator (Merchant
Manager). WebServe also supplies a complete range of dedicated servers
to individuals and enterprises of all sizes.
WebServe's Virtual Private Servers
represent probably the most versatile hosting solution currently
available. With all the functionality and performance of a dedicated
server, at a fraction of the normal cost, the main decision you need to
weigh up is whether to go for Root or Plesk access, and the inherent
difference in terms of support and management this implies (see also VPS
As we offer full root access to the VPS,
Please note that by default we do not install the Plesk Control Panel as
it is quite resource consuming and not necessary for an experienced
system admin however it is available as per request bases, can be
installed free of charge on VPSes with more than 256MB memory.
Our Virtual Private Servers are designed to be as easy and straightforward as possible to manage, whether you are an expert developer, a small business user, or web hosting reseller. For those used to a Linux environment or Windows server platform, and with systems administrator experience, root/admin access will be a significant advantage and benefit. If you are not comfortable with maintaining the security and setup of your VPS, then our Plesk option will make managing multiple domains and websites much simpler. If you are unsure, we recommend that you use the relevant documentation on how to use these tools and software, or contact us for impartial advice
All prices are in Canadian dollars
|Client Login Order Now Contact Us Live Help Tell a Friend Site Map Home|
WebServe Canada © Copyright 1999 - 2006 Legal Information